Creamy Garlic Mushrooms on Toast, (with a poached egg). Pour in heavy cream and scallions (reserve a couple scallions for garnishing). Stir to combine, then remove from the heat and set aside. Brush both sides of the pieces of bread with olive oil.
Something you will want to eat on a regular basis: garlicky sourdough bread topped with fried mushrooms and a poached egg. Just like in the case of this delicious Roasted Tomatoes and Poached Eggs on Garlic Sourdough Toast, the Mushroom Garlic Sourdough Toast is something that I really do eat on a regular basis. It is something quick I can make myself in a matter of. You doing steeping warm up Creamy Garlic Mushrooms on Toast, (with a poached egg) working 11 ingredients including 7 furthermore. Here you are score.
procedure of Creamy Garlic Mushrooms on Toast, (with a poached egg)
- You need of Serves: 1 person.
- Prepare of closed cap mushrooms, sliced,.
- Prepare of wholemeal bread of your choice,.
- It's of Salted butter or diary free alternative, for the toast,.
- Prepare of Frylight or 1tbsp vegetable/sunflower oil for frying,.
- It's of garlic, crushed finely, OR 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
- You need of and a 1/2 tsp of dried chives,.
- It's of plain light cream cheese (or garlic & herb flavour),.
- You need of Salt and pepper to season.
- It's of Optional:.
- Prepare of poached egg. Instructions on how to poach egg at end of recipe.
Great recipe for Creamy Garlic Mushrooms on Toast, (with a poached egg). This is makes a wonderful breakfast and tastes really indulgent, but is healthy and low in calories. A perfect quick meal if you're watching your waistline. #mushrooms #garlic #toast #garlicmushrooms #vegetarian #breakfast. The Poached Eggs over Garlic Mushrooms would also be delicious served over my Pork Breakfast Patties - for a gluten-free, paleo version.
Creamy Garlic Mushrooms on Toast, (with a poached egg) separately
- Heat a medium pan over a high heat and add Frylight so it covers entire base of the saucepan. (Or if using regular oil add that and swill it around to coat the base in a thin layer)..
- Add the garlic and fry for 20 seconds then add the sliced mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper..
- Place the sliced bread in the toaster at your desired setting. Stir the mushrooms and garlic until they shrink down by half and then add the cream cheese. Turn the heat down low now so it doesn't split..
- Allow the cream cheese to melt into the saucepan and then stir through the mushrooms. Turn off the heat. Add 1tsp of chives, stir again to combine..
- Remove toast from the toaster and butter it. Place onto a plate. Remove the mushrooms from the heat and allow to cool for 30-40 seconds. Spoon the creamy garlicky mushroom mix over the toast, garnish with remaining chives..
- To take this dish up a level I sometimes like to top with a poached egg, this makes it extra delicious. To poach egg, gently add an egg to a bowl careful not to break the yolk, bring a small saucepan of water to a gentle rolling boil and add a tiny bit of white white vinegar..
- Using a timer, add the egg gently and remove after two minutes with a slotted spoon. Touch the top of the egg to feel if it's slightly firm to the touch and the white is cooked through. Gently place on a piece of kitchen towel to remove water. Season with salt. Then add on top of your mushrooms on toast..
Hell, you could even skip the eggs, and just have the garlic mushrooms on toast. But well you know me, I LOVE my eggs. Melt the butter in a pan. Add white wine vinegar to the water and boil stir water to create a. Top with mushroom mixture, poached eggs and parsley.