Red Lentil & Butternut Squash Coconut Dal. The lentil (Lens culinaris or Lens esculenta) is an edible legume. It is an annual plant known for its lens-shaped seeds. Dedicated to all things beautiful and healing.
Easy to prepare, minimal amount of ingredients, big on flavor. We like a bit of heat to our food, so the only ingredient I added was a few shakes of ground cayenne red pepper. Get the recipe here: Kung Pao Lentils. You be responsible broiling poach Red Lentil & Butternut Squash Coconut Dal employing 14 procedure together with 4 so. Here you are achieve.
technique of Red Lentil & Butternut Squash Coconut Dal
- You need 1 of butternut squash.
- It's 2 of onions.
- You need 400 g of red split lentils.
- It's 400 ml of coconut milk.
- It's 800 ml of water (boiling).
- It's 1 tsp of tomato puree.
- You need 2 tsp of curry powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chilli powder (or fresh chilli).
- It's 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- You need of Pumpkin seeds.
- You need of Salt, pepper, oil.
- Prepare of To serve:.
- Prepare of Coriander garnish (optional).
- You need of Plain naan bread.
Plenty of nutrients make this one a great family appetizer. Set these next to your salad, or have them as the main course! Get the recipe here: Red Lentil Flatbread. Middle Eastern spices and fresh herbs make this one a winner!
Red Lentil & Butternut Squash Coconut Dal process
- Peel and chop the butternut squash into small squares. Add a small amount of olive oil to two baking trays and split the squash over the two trays so they are a single layer. Season with salt and pepper, and half a teaspoon of curry powder per tray. Mix with your hands an out in the oven for 45mins at 210c. (Or cook until they are just starting to brown on the outside)..
- Meanwhile, chop the onion into small squares. Add to a large frying pan with a small amount of oil. Cook for 2 mins on medium heat. Add the remaining teaspoon of curry powder, tomato puree and chilli powder. Stir to coat the onion and cook for a further two mins..
- Next add the water, coconut milk, stock cube and lentils. Stir well and leave to cook for 30mins on a low heat. Stir occasionally to prevent it catching..
- Once both the dal and squash is cooked, check seasoning and add more pepper or chilli to taste. Add the squash to the dal and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Garnish with coriander and serve with naans..
With colors ranging from gold to orange to actual red, these are the sweetest and nuttiest of the lentils (to our mind, at least!). Red Lentil Soup Red lentils are perfect for weeknights, or whenever you're in a hurry to get a meal on the table. Due to how they're processed, de-husked, and split before packaging, they cook up quicker than any other variety of legumes, although they are slightly lower in fiber than the larger whole varieties. The Red Lentil is an award-winning vegan & vegetarian restaurant in Watertown, Massachusetts. During World War II, people began to see it as a low-cost, high- protein meat substitute.