Roti Boy or Mexican bun (Uniquely Malaysian). Great recipe for Roti Boy or Mexican bun (Uniquely Malaysian). Softest bun with buttery crust topping & sweet salty filling, famous in Malaysia & Singapore. Mexican Coffee Bun is a bun stuffed with butter and has a very crispy coffee pastry topping.
Mexican coffee bun is best eaten when it's just off the. See more ideas about Bread bun, Roti bun recipe and Bun recipe. See more ideas about Bun recipe, Roti bun recipe and Food. You transact toasting brew Roti Boy or Mexican bun (Uniquely Malaysian) practicing 25 prescription as well as 8 along with. Here is how you rack up.
prescription of Roti Boy or Mexican bun (Uniquely Malaysian)
- You need of Water Roux - flour:liquid 1:5 ratio.
- You need 20 g of flour or cake flour.
- Prepare 100 ml of water.
- It's of The Topping.
- You need 1 tbsp of coffee essence (or 1 1/2 tsp coffee + 1 tbsp hot water).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 of egg - lightly beaten.
- It's 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It's 50 g of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 50 g of icing sugar.
- Prepare 70 g of flour.
- It's of The Filling (opt 1) - we prefer this one.
- Prepare of Cubed salted butter.
- Prepare of The Filling (opt 2) - if you like it sweet.
- Prepare 200 g of salted butter.
- You need 30 g of sugar.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- It's of The Bun.
- You need 200 ml of milk - scalded & keep lightly warm.
- Prepare 1 of egg - lightly beaten.
- Prepare 40 g of unsalted butter - softened.
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 40 g of sugar.
- It's 380 g of flour / bread flour.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of dry instant yeast.
These buns are to die for. Their signature product is the Rotiboy bun which is a sweet Mexican butter bun baked with a crisp, coffee-flavored topping. Rotiboy got so popular that they were able to aggressively. Roti boy atau Mexican bun atau pun Paparoti.
Roti Boy or Mexican bun (Uniquely Malaysian) receipt
- First, work on the Water Roux / Tan Zhong - this can be made early or a day ahead. Keep in the fridge. Leave at room temperature before using. In a small pot, stir flour & water together. Then, place pot over medium heat, keep whisking until its thickened. Cool & set aside..
- Next, do the Topping - First, lightly beat egg. Put aside. Then, add coffee essence (or use coffee that is dissolved in hot water). Add vanila extract. Stir to combine. Keep aside. Next, cream butter & sugar until pale & fluffy. Then add egg & coffee mixture & Stir until well mixed. Add ground cinnamon. Lastly, add flour & mix until you get a smooth paste. Transfer this mixture to a pastry bag fitted with round pastry tip. Refrigerate until ready to use..
- The Filling (1) cube salted butter & keep in the fridge OR Filling (2) mix until well combined butter & sugar. Keep in the fridge. Scoop out preferred amount when using. Kids love filling #1 better, just the salted butter as the topping is already sweet. But recently i use both. I put cubed butter then half a teaspoon of second filling..
- The Bun - using stand mixer with paddle attachment, mix all dry ingredients. Then add milk & egg, mix on speed 1 for 3 minutes. Then switch to dough hook. Use the dough hook to knead on medium speed for about 10mins. Add water roux/tanzhong. Mix again. Then add butter and continue kneading until dough is stretchy..
- Note: it’s best not to over knead the dough. How do you know if your dough is ready? Do a windowpane test by pull off a golf - sized piece of dough. Flatten it lightly, hold it between both your thumbs & the first two fingers and gently spread the dough apart into a thin sheet; if the gluten is well-developed, the dough will stretch into a thin sheet without breaking..
- Next, cover dough with a damp cloth (or greased cling film) & leave to proof for about 40mins or until doubled in size..
- Divide & scale bun equally in size. Lightly Shape into round balls, rest for another 10mins. (Note: do not press dough hard when shaping into balls). Next, flatten bun dough, and put in cubed butter/scooped filling, then wrap it up neatly & shape/roll into round ball. Proof for another 45mins - 60mins or until double in size..
- Pipe filling in spiral pattern onto buns right before baking. Lightly Soften topping by leaving it at room temperature 5mins before using. Topping should not be too soft. Preheat oven. Bake at 170°C (depending on your oven) for 15mins or until topping nicely brown (lightly brown). Serve warm..
Nadz pernah kongsikan resepi ni dulu. Kali ini pun Nadz masih menggunakan resepi yang sama. Cuma untuk fillingnya tu, Nadz buat double dari adunan asal sebab masa buat dulu tu, itinya macam sikit sangat. Roti boy garing dan lembut di bagian dalamnya The bun is soft, buttery, and sweet!