Bread and butter pudding. An old-fashioned English bread and butter pudding that goes easy on the wallet. Day-old bread works best in this recipe. Cover casserole loosely with aluminum foil.
Layer the bread in the dish adding a handful of sultanas and the sugar mix as you go, covering each slice. Slightly stale bread works a bit better because it doesn't soak through instantly and turn into mush. Delia's Bread and Butter Pudding recipe. You act frying deep fry Bread and butter pudding working 9 program as well as 4 than. Here is how you put it over.
procedure of Bread and butter pudding
- You need 5 slices of bread.
- You need 25 g of butter.
- Prepare of Cinnamon powder.
- It's of Nutmeg powder.
- You need 50 ml of double cream.
- It's 350 g of full fat milk.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It's 50 g of Sultanas.
- Prepare 25 g of sugar.
This traditional English recipe is fragrant, soft, moist, wobbly beneath, and toasted and crunchy on top. I would go the whole hog and serve it with some chilled, untreated Jersey cream. Cut the crusts from the bread slices, then butter both sides of the bread and cut into triangles. Lay half of the bread slices in the bottom of the dish so that they are slightly overlapping.
Bread and butter pudding individually
- So i greased the baking tray.Then i cut the crust off the breads and sliced into triangles. Then buttered one side of each bread.
- Then placed the bread on the greased tray added sultanas evenly and sprinkling cinnamon powder and repeat until you have finished using the bread.
- Then leave that aside. Add milk and cream and heat on a pan but dont boil. Crack the eggs and use most of the sugar to beat it until its pale. Then add the milk and cream to the eggs to form a custard..
- Pour this over the breads and sprinkle nutmeg powder and the remaining sugar. Then bake at 180 degees till its brown. Enjoy....
Mix the dried fruit with the lemon zest and sprinkle half of the mix over the bread. A bread and butter pudding is a classic British dessert that's big on taste yet so easy to make. It's even more delicious served with custard or ice cream. Bread pudding is indeed an old-fashioned dessert, a comforting way to use up stale bread. Any type of bread makes a neutral base for a flavorful custard; use day-old sliced whole-wheat, raisin or sourdough.