Flat bread. An easy, soft flatbread recipe that's made without yeast. You'll love how soft and pliable this flat bread is, making it perfect to use as wraps for Souvlaki or Gyros, or as naan to dunk into Tikka Masala or Butter Chicken. Get the recipe at Seasons and Suppers.
Flatbread, homemade and fresh from the oven, is simply irresistible. Once you make this easy recipe, you'll never buy it again. This flatbread recipe makes a bread that's soft and chewy. You wrap up simmering pressure-cook Flat bread accepting 6 instructions as a consequence 17 as well as. Here you go fulfill.
modus operandi of Flat bread
- Prepare 2 of Whole meal flour such as golden atta.
- Prepare 1 cup of plain white flour(or 1 and 1/4 if not using semolina flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of semolina(optional)..if not using semolina, adjust.
- Prepare 6 tbspn of butter like stork or flora or any thts good for cooking.
- Prepare 1 of tspnful salt.
- Prepare Half of cup oil or mixture of oil and ghee(for as needed in cookin.
Cook flatbread until underside is golden brown and puffy with a few charred spots, about two minutes, then turn and cook the other side until it's golden brown, about a minute longer. Every weekend, we convert our production bakery into a restaurant and invite our community to gather around our stone hearth. Pillowy, soft, tender, and perfect for wraps or dipping. Place the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
Flat bread singly
- Measure out the flours that you are using into a large enof mixing bowl.add in the salt and butter too.
- Mix in the butter well to break it down into the flour completely until mixture can hold it shape briefly when squeezed btn hands..(.if mixture not holding at all its time to add in very bit of just enof cooking oil.maybe 1 tspn or so.
- Now add in 3/4cup warm milk and 1/4 cup warm water bit by bit while mixing with fingers hands spoon fork or all these tools!!.
- Once the mixture forms into a ball at this stage if slighty sticky knead bit by bit until well rounded dough not tough..
- (.infact use the stretching test by forming a long rod and hanging it down to the table, if its stretching out more as comes down then you got the mixture right!).
- Creat longish rod about 5 cm wide and long enof to make 12 sections..(u can just pinch iff or cut away ecces dough put on side and regather in other ball).this is if size is too big etc see pics for idea..
- Now you can cut the rod shape in half then quters then thirds so that you are getting equalish ball shapes.
- How to form the ball:take each ball and flaten out then fold in the edges and tuck in while moving it round so as to make nice rounded ball..which look somthing like this.(this pic here is not actual size of ball,its for illustration only!).
- Sprinkle some flour on bowl or surface and also some on ball itself then Place the formed ball not too close together.leave to rest for 15 minutes or more.(you can also put in fridge to rest).
- The resting stage is important,so inorder the rounded balls to soften.cover with cloth or plate etc and leave aside in dry place.again,see above step(9) explanation.
- ...dont leave too long otherwise will be hard to work with as it may become too soft.
- Now set up surface to roll out the nice soft enof doughs balls into round flat bread..u can use wooden surface specially made or can do overtemplate of round shape to guide you as you roll it out.sprinkle flower on surface. Then evenly thin out the dough into a circle to abt 1-2 mm thick.see pic of the disc shape.its ok if it doesnt form perfect circle...as long as leveling it by rolling out...you can move it around in between rolling to make easier....sprinkle flour on roller so to ease process.
- Now heat the flat pan enof and add in your first flat bread (chapati its sometimes called).
- You can press the bread with a flatner or turning fork (like you use for pancakes.).until you get desired color...this step is mostly after turning the chapati over..so please adjust this..but you can move around the flat bread so evenly cooked through.
- Now here is slight skill of knowing when to turn the bread..it may rise up whole or some parts(see pic) but also keep checking heat.becoz if right amount of heat evenly then its cooking well. and then can add bit of cooking oil if its too dry or just to add more color.you need to look for some nice big spots of brown forming behind the chapati so lift to check before turning.
- Remove and let cool completly before store in air tight container...u can do the flexible flat bread test by bending it all direction..if it bends smoothly.and you can pull a piece off it with minimal effort...
- Alhamdulillah! you got itt!well done.bismillah enjoy..this bread is flexi even in its uses...from just honey toped or even part of very healthy meal.breafast,lunch,qwik healthy snacks and dinner.some ideas are eat with delish foods like curries. Make vegs rolls,use also humus..
Add the oil and ice water, and mix to make a soft, cohesive dough. We are the UK's number one food brand. Whether you're looking for healthy recipes and guides, family projects and meal plans, the latest gadget reviews, foodie travel inspiration or just the perfect recipe for dinner tonight, we're here to help. Flatbread Company is always accepting employment inquiries from enthusiastic and passionate people to share in our philosophies of serving real food, supporting local farms, as well as giving back to the community. If you are ready to renew your spirit while helping us to do a little something to save the planet at the same time, then apply today!