Tortilla de patata with courgette. Spanish omelette. Zucchini omelette - low-carb version for tortilla de patatas. If you would like to check how to flip it, I explain this in my potatoes tortilla post: https. I love eating tapas-style, and this tortilla de patatas recipe with courgette (zucchini to our American cousins) is easy and very tasty.
Uno de los platos más conocidos y emblemáticos de la cocina española, con sus miles de variantes pero con una única receta. Patatas, huevo y cebolla para el que le guste. Heat up the oil in a deep pan, add the chopped potatoes and fry for some seconds. You look after stewing brew Tortilla de patata with courgette. Spanish omelette accepting 6 technique so 10 together with. Here you go manage.
compound of Tortilla de patata with courgette. Spanish omelette
- Prepare 3-4 of medium sized potatoes finely sliced.
- You need 1 of onion finely chopped.
- You need of Salt.
- You need 4 of eggs beaten.
- Prepare 1/2 litre of olive oil (not extra virgin).
- Prepare 1 of / 2 courgette (optional).
Add the chopped onions, stir fry until fragrant. Tortilla de patata (Spanish omelette), as well as Gazpacho, are two of the Spanish authentic and staple foods we have. I don't know why I waited so long to add this recipe to the blog, but I am glad that at last I have. Tortilla de patata (Spanish omelette) can be done in many different ways.
Tortilla de patata with courgette. Spanish omelette individually
- Peel,wash and slice potatoes finely. Peel and chop the onions and mix together and add pinch of salt.
- Heat moderately the olive oil in a good nonstick frying pan (if you're new to turning the omelette use a small pan, I always do, it's easier).
- Add potatoes and onion to oil and cook slowly turning so that they don't stick to bottom. If too hot the potatoes will fry instead, we need them to soften and crumble but not crisp if possible. When potatoes are halfway cooked I add courgettes but this is optional..
- Once cooked get potatoes out of the oil with slotted spoon so that you can drain as much oil as possible..
- Add them to eggs. It should be a sloppy mixture. Add a pinch of salt if needed.
- Remove oil from the pan and turn heat up so the pan is really hot. Make sure there's a bit of oil and add egg and potato mixture.
- Cook until slightly browned. You may need to turn heat down a bit so that it doesn't burn..
- When one side cooked turn into a large enough plate to cover frying pan..
- Return the omelette to pan, check the pan for oil as it may need a drop adding. And cook until other side golden..
- Enjoy with green fried peppers and baguette bread. Ideal for picnics as it's as nice cold as freshly cooked..
There isn't a specific and right way to make it. Along with paella, the ubiquitous tortilla de patatas - is perhaps one of the best-known Spanish dishes. It is impossible to find a self-respecting tapas bar that does not feature tortilla in its repertoire. As delicious as it is versatile, this Spanish staple lends itself to countless variations according to personal taste. This step is a little cheat, but it makes the omelette less greasy and more healthy.